Frogmind is an independent game studio in Helsinki, grown from an indie duo to a studio of 12 talented developers and known from the App Store iPad Game of the Year 2013 BADLAND available on all mobile, console and PC/Mac platforms, and on December 2015 launched BADLAND 2 available on iOS. The games have more than 40 million downloads and counting.
Our games have been noted by the outstanding beauty, genius simple mechanics and thoughtful game design. Those are also the values we are planning to keep and take even further in our future games.
Now we are looking for talented game programmer to our next game. You would join our small talented team and be part of the team of our next masterpiece.
You will use the power of C/C++ to create gaming awesomeness from prototyping to polished final quality deliverables. You will have plenty of influence and thus needs to be great at what they do. We expect you to have a strong knowledge of overall programming fundamentals and expect you to enjoy learning new things, get a kick out of finding ways to do things better and to have a dynamic can-do- attitude.
- C/C++ game programming on new projects
- Work on a unique new game project in a kick ass team
- Influence things and make great, high quality games for mobile
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Good amount of native game development and programming experience gained with finished game(s)
- C/C++ amulet of brilliance, gauntlets of coding dexterity and an epic bag of data structures & algorithms
- Level 10 or above in modular, generic and reusable code
- Special ability of profiling and debugging existing code for maintenance and optimizations
- Special ability of working and solving problems also on your own
Required character traits:
- Can-do- attitude and liking for levelling up & learning more
- Passion for playing and making games
- A habit of writing readable high quality code
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Willingness to go the extra mile when live games have issues
- Ambition & love for making the coolest of games.
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best games in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 12 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013
- One of the coolest opportunities on the rise in the Finnish game industry
- Financially solid developer
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at email@example.com
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application. For more info and applications, contact firstname.lastname@example.org