Frogmind is an independent game studio in Helsinki, grown from an indie duo to a studio of 17 talented developers. We are best known for the App Store iPad Game of the Year 2013 BADLAND available on all mobile, console and PC/Mac platforms. On December 2015 we launched BADLAND 2 on iOS. The games have more than 65 million downloads and counting.
Our games have been noted for their beauty, thoughtful game design, simple mechanics and top notch gameplay. These are all values we are planning to keep, and take even further in our future games.
We are looking for a kick-ass game programmer to contribute to our new games, including our recently soft launched Badland Brawl (you can watch the trailer here).
You will use the power of C/C++ to create gaming awesomeness from prototyping to polished final quality deliverables. You will have plenty of influence, and thus need to be great at what you do. We expect you to have a strong knowledge of overall programming fundamentals, and expect you to enjoy learning new things, get a kick out of finding ways to do things better and to have a dynamic can-do- attitude.
- C/C++ game programming on new projects
- Work on unique new game projects in a kick ass team
- Influence things and make great, high quality games for mobile
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Good amount of native game development and programming experience gained with finished game(s)
- C/C++ amulet of brilliance, gauntlets of coding dexterity and an epic bag of data structures & algorithms
- Level 10 or above in modular, generic and reusable code
- Special ability of profiling and debugging existing code for maintenance and optimizations
- Special ability of working and solving problems also on your own
Required character traits:
- Can-do- attitude and liking for levelling up & learning more
- Passion for playing and making games
- A habit of writing readable high quality code
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Willingness to go the extra mile when live games have issues
- Ambition & love for making the coolest of games.
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best games in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 17 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013
- A rising star in the Finnish gaming industry
- Financially solid company
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at email@example.com
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application.