Frogmind is an independent game studio in Helsinki, grown from an indie duo to a studio of 12 talented developers and known from the App Store iPad Game of the Year 2013 BADLAND available on all mobile, console and PC/Mac platforms, and on December 2015 launched BADLAND 2 available on iOS. The games have more than 40 million downloads and counting.
Our games have been noted by the outstanding beauty, genius simple mechanics and thoughtful game design. Those are also the values we are planning to keep and take even further in our future games.
Now we are looking for talented backend developer to our next game. You would join our small talented team and be part of the backend building team to our next masterpiece.
You get to design & create our backend technology. Each member of the team have plenty of influence and thus needs to be great at what they do. We expect you to have a strong knowledge of backend development best practices and expect you to enjoy learning new things, get a kick out of finding ways to do things better and to have a dynamic can-do- attitude.
- Design and create scalable backend technology for our mobile games
- Game server architecture planning, implementation, deployment and maintenance (logic, network, database design, …)
- Work on a unique new game project in a talented team
- Influence things and be part of making awesome, high quality games for mobile
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Good amount of scalable backend development experience
- You understand what it means to support large user volumes (10M+ DAU)
- Knowledge of the existing server solutions and services
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS or similar)
- Experience in load balancing technologies
- +5 sword of Bug Annihilation (or better) with special ability for working and solving problems independently
Required character traits:
- Can-do- attitude and liking for levelling up & learning more
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience in coding real-time live systems and a habit of writing readable high quality code
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Willingness to go the extra mile when live systems have issues
- Ambition & love for making the coolest of games.
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best games in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 12 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013
- One of the coolest opportunities on the rise in the Finnish game industry
- Financially solid developer
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application. For more info and applications, contact email@example.com