Frogmind is an independent game studio in Helsinki, grown from an indie duo to a studio of 22 talented developers. We are best known for the App Store iPad Game of the Year 2013 BADLAND available on all mobile, console and PC/Mac platforms. On December 2015 we launched BADLAND 2 on iOS. And lately we have launched 2 more games globally. Combined, the Frogmind games have more than 150 million downloads and counting. All games have won awards, including the iPad game of the Year and Apple Design Award for the original BADLAND.
Our games have been noted for their beauty, thoughtful game design, simple mechanics and top notch gameplay. These are all values we are planning to keep, and take even further in our future games.
We released Badland Brawl in mid October 2018 and Rumble Stars Football in April 2019. Both games have gotten over 12 000 000 players since launch and are operating with steady liveOps and updates. We have multiple new projects in development. All our current games are real-time multiplayer games.
We are looking for a kick-ass backend developer to contribute to our games.
You will get to design and create backend tech to our games. Each member of the team has plenty of influence, and thus needs to be great at what they do. We expect you to have a strong knowledge of backend development best practices, and expect you to enjoy learning new things, get a kick out of finding ways to do things better, and to have a dynamic can-do- attitude.
- Design, program and create scalable backend technology for our mobile games
- Game server architecture planning, implementation, deployment and maintenance (logic, network, database design, …)
- Work on unique game projects in a talented team
- Influence things and be part of making awesome, high quality games for mobile
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Good amount of scalable backend development experience
- Epic Java programming skills – with server-side Java, including POJO’s, concurrency handling and distributed systems
- Extensive knowledge of AWS
- Experience with Linux shell and scripting languages
- Database design and implementation skills and SQL knowledge
- You understand what it means to support large user volumes
- Knowledge of the existing server solutions and services
- Experience with cloud computing platforms
- Experience in load balancing technologies
- +5 sword of Bug Annihilation (or better) with special ability for working and solving problems independently
Required character traits:
- Can-do- attitude and liking for levelling up & learning more
- Passion for playing and making games
- Experience in coding real-time live systems and a habit of writing readable high quality code
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Willingness to go the extra mile when live systems have issues
- Ambition & love for making the coolest of games
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best games in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 21 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013
- A rising star in the Finnish gaming industry
- Financially solid company
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at email@example.com
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application.