Frogmind is an independent game studio in Helsinki, grown from an indie duo to a studio of 17 talented developers. We are best known for the App Store iPad Game of the Year 2013 BADLAND available on all mobile, console and PC/Mac platforms. On December 2015 we launched BADLAND 2 on iOS. The games have more than 65 million downloads and counting.
Our games have been noted for their beauty, thoughtful game design, simple mechanics and top notch gameplay. These are all values we are planning to keep, and take even further in our future games.
Now we are looking for a kick-ass Senior Game Artist to contribute to our games: e.g., Badland Brawl (you can watch the trailer here).
- Create stunning new graphics and visual concepts – in 2D and 3D
- Design and create UI elements
- Lead the overall visual design and graphical content production of your game team
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Strong 2D/3D art production skills
- Adept with 2D and 3D tools
- Knowledge and experience of processes, pipelines and best practices of game art production
- Strong portfolio of previous work with finished game(s)
- Experience of creating a variety of art styles from casual to realistic styles and from 2D to 3D
- Capable of independently creating game art from concept sketches to final renderings/assets
- Knowledge of graphical tools, processes and methods to optimise space usage of mobile game art assets
- Creativity, ambition and enthusiasm for creating awesomeness
Required character traits:
- You aspire to level up, learn more and develop your skills
- Passion for playing and making games – it’s hard to imagine doing anything else
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Social and a great team player
- Ambition & love for being part of making the coolest of games.
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone in Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best games in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 20 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013
- A rising star in the Finnish gaming industry
- Financially solid company
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include artwork demonstrating your previous work.