Frogmind is an award-winning independent mobile games studio from Helsinki founded in 2012. We are best known for our games BADLAND, BADLAND 2, Badland Brawl, Rumble Stars and Rumble Hockey which have garnered over 150 million players and have won multiple industry awards including App Store iPad Game of the Year and Apple Design award. We have grown from an indie duo into a studio of 26 talented developers.
Our games have been noted for their beauty, thoughtful game design, simple mechanics and top notch gameplay. These are all values we are planning to keep, and take even further in our future games.
We are currently building something new and really impactful with next level ambition.
We are looking for a Data Analyst / Data Engineer to strengthen our analytics pipeline and create new data and ML tools eg. for making personal recommendations. You will have the opportunity to solve unique data challenges and gain hands-on experience, and your work will have a direct impact on Frogmind’s future products.
Each member of our teams has a lot of influence, and thus needs to be great at what they do. We expect you to have great communication skills (written), a positive and driven personality that wants to help, we hope you enjoy learning new things, get a kick out of finding ways to do things better, and to have a dynamic can-do- attitude.
- Strengthen and expand the infrastructure for data collection, storage and processing
- Build ML and AI tools for recommendation system
- Create analytics queries and dashboards
- Use data to identify trends & conduct root cause analysis
- Suggest potential opportunities for process & feature improvements
- Work on ambitious projects with talented teams
- Influence things and be part of making next level things for games as a service on mobile
Requirements, expected skills and stats:
- Experience in data science and quantitative analysis
- Experience with data modeling and statistical analysis techniques
- Experience with SQL, R/Python
- Experience with AWS and/or Google Cloud data stacks
- Familiarity with ML, deep learning & classification algorithms
- Familiarity with third party big data services such as Amazon Personalize, Google Cloud tools & Google AI
- Experience of the above for large scale systems (with millions of users)
- Motivation to make things better and state of the art
- Good communication skills in English
Required character traits:
- Positive and driven personality that want’s to help
- Can-do- attitude and liking for levelling up & learning more
- Passion for playing and making games
- Committed to tasks and an autonomous person with high level of initiative and energy
- Ambition & love for making the coolest products
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone at Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best game products in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 26 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013 and many other awards since then
- A rising star in the Finnish gaming industry
- Financially solid company
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at email@example.com
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application.