Frogmind is an award-winning independent mobile games studio from Helsinki founded in 2012. We are best known for our games BADLAND, BADLAND 2, Badland Brawl, Rumble Stars and Rumble Hockey which have garnered over 150 million players and have won multiple industry awards including App Store iPad Game of the Year and Apple Design award. We have grown from an indie duo into a studio of 30 talented developers.
Our games have been noted for their beauty, thoughtful game design, simple mechanics and top notch gameplay. These are all values we are planning to keep, and take even further in our future games.
We are currently building something new and really impactful with next level ambition: http://www.hypehype.com
We are looking for a Data Engineer.
The success of a social platform is grounded in the data we collect and in how we use it, from content recommendations to UGC creator support to UA and BI. As the first data engineer at Frogmind, you will have the unique opportunity to design and build from scratch the data pipelines, ETL tools and storage solutions for HypeHype, which we are scaling up to millions of daily users. You will be actively contributing to all data engineering areas and solving unique challenges arising from the massive scale.
- As the first data engineer at Frogmind, set up foundations for data engineering practices for years to come
- Design from the ground up the infrastructure for data collection, storage and processing
- As the first and thus far only member of the data engineering team, independently create, own and maintain batch and real-time data pipelines
- Proactively suggest and implement improvements that increase scalability, robustness and availability of data systems
- Improve tooling used by data engineers and data scientists to manipulate and access data
- Help the data team with ad hoc requests related to data validity and semantics
- Work closely with the team to define what data is collected
- Track record of designing and maintaining large scale ETL processes
- Experience with AWS data stack (MSK, Kinesis, Athena, S3, Glue, RedShift)
- Experience with Python, Java, SQL
- Familiarity with large scale data warehouse technologies (BigQuery, Spark, Spark Streaming)
- Knowledge of build, deployment and orchestration tools (Airflow, Jenkins, Terraform)
- Ability to innovate and work independently
- Motivation to make things better and state of the art
- Experience with deployment of production machine learning systems is a plus
- Good communication skills in English
- Passion for games
- Ambition to create the next big social platform
- Freedom to design your own workflow to get the very best out of yourself
- Freedom to choose your own laptop/workstation
- Competitive compensation including an option plan (everyone at Frogmind is an owner of the company)
- Opportunity to work with skilled industry veterans
- Work in a well connected studio known for excellence
- Flat hierarchy environment where your opinion counts
- Be part of making the best game products in the world that stand out and make an impact in the industry
- Currently strike studio of 30 developers
- In a long-term partnership with Supercell
- Located in the centre of Helsinki with awesome food and bars aplenty
- Winner of the Apple Design Award & iPad Game of the Year 2013 and many other awards since then
- Financially solid company
- Well connected (within the industry and with the platform holders)
Apply now at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include your CV and short motivation letter to your application.